How To Request A Cane Card For A Vendor, Volunteers, Visitor, or Visiting Scholar

Step 1: Request A UMID (C-Number)

This step needs to be completed by the person needing the Cane Card.

Step 2: Submit Request To Have Cane Card Profile Completed

This step needs to be completed by the department that is sponsoring the vendor, volunteers, visitors, or visiting scholar. Once the UMID (C-Number) has been issued:

Step 3: Receive Confirmation Via Email By UMIT

UMIT will notify the sponsor via email that the profile has been created in the system.

  • Go to Parking and Transporation located at 5807 Ponce de Leon Blvd #100, Coral Gables, FL 33146, to obtain the UMID card. A $25 fee is charged at the time of pick up.

Step 4: Request Access To A Specific Area or Building

The sponsor must submit a service request for access to a specific area or to a building(s). Click Here to submit a service request.